Kaiser Permanente (KP), a nonprofit provider, offers healthcare and insurance coverage together. This structure simplifies billing, creates fewer problems with prescriptions, and it’s almost impossible to accidentally see non-network providers. Visit mybenefits.kp.org/soc or call 888-413-0591 to learn more.
What You Can Expect With KP
- 24/7 virtual care options
- Cost estimates in advance (to avoid billing surprises)
- One app and one website (to manage both care and coverage needs)
- Reminders when it’s time for screenings
- Doctors who know your medical history
- Less paperwork
- And more
This patient experience is unique because KP employs its own doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and owns its pharmacies and lab facilities. The providers are usually in the same place, so you can visit a doctor, then walk down the hall to fill a prescription, and get labs and x-rays done—all in one location.
KP COpilot (1-888-413-0591) helps members navigate every aspect of care and coverage (including cost estimates). They are a dedicated, concierge team, specially trained in State of Colorado benefits.
Call KP COpilot for Help:
- Choosing a KP plan
- Understanding benefits, deductibles and out-of-pocket costs
- Getting cost estimates for services
- With questions about bills and claims
- Getting care and medical advice
Electronic Health Record
Another unique feature of KP is their Electronic Health Record (EHR). This single online medical record is maintained by KP and is used by all of their providers. The EHR helps physicians coordinate care with other doctors, pharmacists, and care team members.
- On-demand chat with a clinician, mental health specialist, and more
- 24/7 medical advice
- Schedule appointments with a primary care provider or another physician (video)
To learn more, visit kp.org/getcare or download the Kaiser Permanente mobile app.
Mental Health Resources
- Calm (sleep, meditation, and relaxation)
- Amwell (video)
- Ginger (therapy, texting, video)
- Kaiser Permanente Mental Health Specialist
- Kaiser Permanente Wellness Coaching
- myStrength (stress, depression, sleep, and more)
To download the Calm or myStrength apps, Kaiser Permanente members should visit kp.org/selfcareapps.
Wellness & Wellbeing
- Self-Care Apps (App Salud Mental y Beinestar)
- Mental Health Resources
- Ginger Emotional Support Coaching
- Mental Health Care Online
State of Colorado's KP Group ID: 00225
- Before you Enroll: Call 1-888-413-0591 (TTY 711) or email StateofColorado@kp.org for help choosing a KP plan
- Transitioning to KP: Call 1-844-639-8657 (TTY 711), Monday -Friday, (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for help choosing a doctor, transitioning prescriptions or medical records, registering for kp.org access, and more
- Navigating KP Care: Call KP COpilot at 1-888-413-0591 (TTY 711) for help navigating care and coverage questions, medical advice, financial counseling, scheduling primary care appointments, and more
For questions about your State of Colorado benefits, contact your agency's Benefits Administrator.
The information on this page is an overview and is not intended to be a complete description of the benefits. A more detailed summary plan description for the plans can be found linked on this page. If there is a conflict between the information on this page and the official plan documents, the plan documents will govern. The State of Colorado reserves the right to modify or terminate any of the described benefits at any time and for any reason. The descriptions of these benefits are not a guarantee of current or future employment or benefits. For additional information about the specific plans available to you, please contact your agency's Benefits Administrator.