Dental Coverage Through Delta Dental
The State of Colorado offers two comprehensive, high-quality dental plan options from Delta Dental. Both dental plans pay 100% for preventive care when you use in-network dental providers, even if your maximum benefits have already been reached for the plan year.
Delta Dental Prevention First Program
- Prevention First Program applies to both the Basic and Basic Plus plans.
- The Prevention First Program ensures eligible diagnostic and preventive services (e.g. exams, x-rays, cleanings, etc.) do not to count towards the annual maximum benefit. When you see an in-network Delta Dental provider you will always have your diagnostic and preventive services covered at 100% even if your annual maximum benefit has already been reached for the plan year.
Right Start 4 Kids
- Right Start for Kids (RS4K) is a unique plan feature that removes most of the cost barriers to dental care by providing coverage for enrolled children up to their 13th birthday at 100% coinsurance for covered diagnostic and preventive, basic, and major services, with no deductible, when in-network providers are seen up to the annual plan maximum.
- If an out-of-network provider is seen, the adult coinsurance levels will apply.
- Orthodontic services are not eligible for the RS4K 100% coverage level.
As a reminder, dental coverage is free for enrolled children under five years old. When your eldest or first child turns five, you'll be asked to re-enroll because a premium for the child would now apply.
The information on this page is an overview and is not intended to be a complete description of the benefits. A more detailed summary plan description for the plans can be found linked on this page. If there is a conflict between the information on this page and the official plan documents, the plan documents will govern. The State of Colorado reserves the right to modify or terminate any of the described benefits at any time and for any reason. The descriptions of these benefits are not a guarantee of current or future employment or benefits. For additional information about the specific plans available to you, please contact your agency's Benefit Administrator.