The State of Colorado’s Medical Insurance Premium Supplement Program (or Supplement Program) assists qualified State employees with the cost of their medical and dental premiums.
To qualify, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Hired before July 1, 2022
- Enrolled (or willing to enroll) in one of the State’s medical insurance plans*
- Have dependent children enrolled in a State medical plan
- Have at least one dependent child not covered by Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- 2021 household income at or below 300% of the federal poverty level
- Two household members = $52,260
- Three household members = $65,880
- Four household members = $79,500
- Five household members = $93,120
- Six household members = $106,740
- Seven household members = $120,360
*You must enroll during Open Enrollment (OE), April 12, 2022, through May 2, 2022, or the special enrollment period, May 31, 2022, through June 6, 2022.
Because this program is need-based, you must submit documentation to verify dependents and income (a copy of the first two pages of your previous year's IRS Form 1040). You will also need to submit the previous year's 1040s for all wage earners in your household.
New Hires (May 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022)
The application period for new employees is May 16, 2022, through July 31, 2022.
PLEASE NOTE (All Employees)
- You must apply for the program if you want to participate, even if you’ve applied in previous years
- Paper applications will only be accepted due to a system error (submit the paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2022)
Contact the State's Employee Benefits Unit at email@example.com.
Because the program must be funded each year by the legislature, there is no guarantee the program will continue from year to year. In addition, the amount of money for the program allocated by the legislature will vary from year to year.