The State of Colorado’s Medical Insurance Premium Supplement Program (or Supplement Program) assists qualified State employees with the cost of their medical and dental premiums.
To qualify, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled (or willing to enroll) in one of the State’s medical insurance plans
- Have dependent children enrolled in a State medical plan
- Have at least one dependent child not covered by Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- 2022 household income at or below 300% of the federal poverty level
- Two household members = $59,160
- Three household members = $74,580
- Four household members = $90,000
- Five household members = 105,420
- Six household members = $120,840
- Seven household members = $136,260
The application window is April 11, 2023, through May 12, 2023.
New employees hired between May 1, 2023, and June 30, 2023, can apply from May 15, 2023, through July 31, 2023.
Because this program is need-based, you must submit documentation to verify dependents and income (a copy of the first two pages of your previous year's IRS Form 1040). You will also need to submit the previous year's 1040s for all wage earners in your household.
PLEASE NOTE (All Employees)
- You must apply for the program if you want to participate, even if you’ve applied in previous years
- Paper applications will only be accepted due to a system error (submit the paper application to email@example.com)
Contact the State's Employee Benefits Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because the program must be funded each year by the legislature, there is no guarantee the program will continue from year to year. In addition, the amount of money for the program allocated by the legislature will vary from year to year.