The Center for Organizational Effectiveness (COE) provides a wide range of products and services to support the State in learning and development projects. Many of the products and services are provided by vendors: businesses external to the State that have contracts with the State to deliver requested services.
Read on to learn more about our available vendors and the services they provide. In order to register for any of our vendor products and services you can use the General Enrollment page or contact COE to develop a contract for products and services that are exclusive to your agency.
Acuity Institute is a global leader in providing Lean Six Sigma, Lean, Change Management, and other Leadership Development training and certification courses. Acuity Institute has been providing certifications since 2006 and is based in the Denver Area. Acuity Institute is an approved Private Occupational School with the Colorado Department of Higher Education and is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute.
Acuity offers 100% online training or Blended Learning which combines the online modules with onsite, facilitated workshops. Our online training uses a multi-media format that includes audio by Lean Six Sigma experts, examples of successful performance improvement, interactive simulations and quizzes, and the most current and robust tools and techniques available. Training can be accessed at any time — and anywhere — from any device, which provides the most flexibility in completing the course.
Our experts represent a broad range of experience in government and various industries. Our facilitators and coaches have been on the front lines of Business Performance Improvement around the globe since the mid-1990s.
Our experience spans healthcare, government, veteran's administration, Navy Medicine, Colorado DPA, and Indian Health Services to Customers.
Blackwell Consulting offers courses involving organizational effectiveness, leadership, Lean and process and performance improvement, change management and customized courses. These teachings span from basic concepts to complex solutions to reach desired results for your customers. Examples of offerings include: Goal Setting, identifying key performance indicators/metrics (KPI), developing Service Level Agreements (SLA), Benchmarking Techniques, Result Management Office (RMO), How to develop High Performing Teams (HPT), Moving from Transactional Organization to Transformational Organization, creating a Highly Reliable Organization (HRO), Stakeholder Analysis, Strategic planning and execution, Balanced scorecard, Malcolm Baldrige Alignment, Mentor/Coach Skills and facilitate individuals on how to participate and lead within process improvement endeavors. Our consultants have over 40 years of experience within the health care and business operations fields and are able to conduct Organizational Readiness Assessments for your Division or Agency. We offer 1-day courses and can customize a course to fit your needs.
Many times in life, people search for solutions from outside sources such as books, internet and other means. We believe that many of our solutions to our problems lie within the problem. By using scientific methodologies along with evidence-based practices, we can help you find the solution to your problems and enable you to excel whenever faced with problems in work or life.
BLCN Inc. is a Colorado company that offers business process consulting using Lean concepts, skills training, mentoring programs, project management, and organizational Lean programs. Our mission is to partner with our clients and help develop an approach that provides the highest consulting/training value and knowledge transfer to internal staff. BLCN has worked successfully in private, public and non-profit environments. Below are key areas where BLCN currently provides value to the State of Colorado.
Skills Training. The following courses are part of the "Keep It Simple and Go Fast" series:
- Integrated Lean Process Methodology (1 and 2-day)
- Facilitation Skills (1, 2 and 3-day)
- Business Analysis: Gather and Document Business Requirements/User Stories (1, 2 and 3-day)
- Project Management for Department Leads and Experienced PMs (1, 2 and 3-day)
- Effective Communications: Personal and Project (1 and 2-day)
Each of these courses are offered in various lengths (1, 2 or 3 days) to provide the correct amount of content needed by course participants. There are 2-hour leadership versions offered to align the leaders with the staff training. The key differentiators with the BLCN courses are:
- Participants work on their own process, project or scenario during the course exercises. They will work on something relevant and leave with something tangible to use after the course. If one person fixes one issue, the course pays for itself.
- All courses are delivered by consultative instructors
- The training content is based on "what actually works" in the field
- Various tools are discussed and provided to participants
- There are post course mentoring options and client specific programs available
- BLCN is a PMI Global Registered Education Provider
Agency Based Lean Program: BLCN has a Lean Process program that has been proven successful in various types of organization. The State of Colorado agencies can leverage this program to develop their own Lean skills and drive operational improvements.
Integrated Lean Process Consulting: BLCN can perform the process efforts for agencies when:
- A process redesign needs a neutral party to drive the efforts
- There is a time constraint to complete the process efforts
- There are complex, or cross agency, processes that need to be performed and staff do not feel comfortable
- There is a system implementation going to be performed. BLCN has a rapid Lean process approach for system design.
CPS HR Consulting is a self-supporting public agency providing a full range of integrated HR solutions to government and nonprofit clients across the country. Our strategic approach to increasing the effectiveness of human resources results in improved organizational performance for our clients. We have a deep expertise and unmatched perspective in guiding our clients in the areas of organizational strategy, recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and training and development.
CPS HR offers a comprehensive range of training programs and courses across 13-categories areas including: leadership development, supervisory and management, analytical skills, presentation, writing and communication skills. HR practices and policies, and much more. Our curriculum is specifically designed for public sector employees. With more than 150 soft skills courses, CPS HR supports employee development by focusing on the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to succeed in today's challenging work environment.
Our instructors are seasoned experts who can maximize your training initiatives, increase your operational efficiency, and expand your employees professional development. They bring over 200 combined years of public service experience and expertise ranging from key frontline to executive roles. CPS instructors are experienced working with a diverse student/experience base with individuals of various educational, generational and cultural backgrounds. Our instructor experience is focused on serving the training needs of public sector clients. As a public agency ourselves, we understand the training and organizational challenges in the public sector.
CPS HR training programs can be delivered in a variety of formats, all designed to meet the needs of your agency. To view our course offering, please visit www.cpshr.us.
Empowering you with skills, not degrees.
Established in 2006, Digital Workshop Center (DWC) is a community center for education, coworking, and professional development. DWC's mission is to always bring the human element to the classroom – DWC training is always live and hands-on; no self-paced videos.
Locally owned and headquartered in Colorado, DWC serves a vital role in workplace education as a career skills training school and Adobe Authorized Training Center.
Certificate programs, bootcamps, and stand-alone classes at DWC include training in high-demand, high-growth areas such as business administration, web design, graphic design, digital marketing, and digital photography.
For departments of all sizes, Digital Workshop Center is your one-stop solution for IT and computer training. Working closely with HR and management, our customized training programs are easy to administer and allows a manager to track the progress of all participating employees.
From our initial skills assessment of your employees to our detailed progress reports after the completed course, we are with you every step of the way through the training process.
Our personalized classes are flexible and designed around your schedule, budget, level of expertise, and preferred method of learning.
DWC Organizational Highlights:
- Providing professional development for technology and software training
- One of the only Adobe Authorized Training Centers in Colorado
- Registered HUBZone small business
- Have worked closely with federal, state, county, and local government entities to provide customized training and professional development
Areas of expertise:
- Business Administration (Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, SharePoint, Project, Visio & more)
- Project Management (PMP Prep, 6 Sigma)
- Graphic Design (Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & more)
- Digital Marketing (including SEO, Google Analytics, Email Marketing, Social Media Advertising & more)
- Web Design and Development
- Digital Photography & Video
All classes include:
- Professional Textbook or class reference packet
- Downloadable materials with practice examples
- One month of technical support
- One year for a free retake of the same course (public, group classes only)
Executive Forum is the place where leaders come to learn. We are a leadership training and development organization that delivers high-quality content through four dynamic, impactful products that cater to various learning styles. We help leaders and organizations define success and exceed professional goals using an in-depth analysis of leadership alignment and organizational objectives. This process allows us to guide efforts into a collaborative, cohesive approach, resulting in leadership solidarity and organizational excellence.
Executive Forum has long-standing relationships with numerous State agencies such as CDOT, CDLE, DORA, CollegeInvest and HCPF. Since the Romer administration, we have successfully completed projects ranging from leadership and team coaching, succession planning, change management, executive retreats, cultural integration and division mergers.
Our products include:
- Leadership Series®: a local, live speaker series that provides business leaders the opportunity to sharpen their skills in the company of the world's foremost business thinkers. Currently in 2018, over 25 leaders from 4 agencies participate in this program each month.
- LeadershipOnDemand®: a video-based learning platform that shares our Leadership Series® content, designed to empower employees by placing learners in charge of their personal leadership development. This platform creates a space to grow anywhere at any time. LeadershipOnDemand is utilized by several State of Colorado agencies for internal training objectives.
- iLoveFeedback®: a virtual or in-person program, with an easy-to-understand, five-step process for setting the right attitude for feedback, delivering it well, and identifying solutions for improvement or sustainability. Since 2007, numerous State of Colorado trainers have been certified to teach the program in their agency and hundreds of State employees have completed the training.
- Consulting: customized consulting specifically designed for your organization. We focus on uncovering any cultural components that hinder the cohesion, growth and prosperity of the organization. We provide immediately-actionable resources and solutions that yield continuous progress and success and assist leaders and organizations in achieving optimal results. Areas of expertise include project and change management, strategic and succession planning, facilitation and workshops. One State of Colorado agency Senior Leader reported upon contract completion that, "Your support, assistance and guidance was essential as we navigated very troubled waters during our restructuring."
FranklinCovey is the world leader in helping organizations achieve results that require lasting changes in human behavior, often the most difficult challenge any organization faces. When accomplished, it is also the most durable competitive advantage. Our expertise is in seven areas: leadership, execution, productivity, trust, sales performance, customer loyalty, and education.
FranklinCovey provides federal, state and local government agencies with content, tools, methodologies, training, and thought leadership, all based on a foundation of timeless principles and proven practices. Our ultimate aim is to help organizations—and the individuals who lead them—achieve not just incremental, but transformational results. In addition to all of FranklinCovey's consulting and workshop offerings, we have customized workshops specifically designed to meet the needs of professionals working in government agencies.
After thirty years of partnering with some of the greatest public sector and private sector organizations and leaders in the world, we know that a winning culture produces at least four critical outcomes:
- Sustained superior performance. Individuals, teams, and organizations succeed financially, or operationally, in both the short and long term and not just on an absolute basis but relative to their market potential or the hand they're dealt.
- Intensely loyal stakeholders. Performance comes out of earning not only the satisfaction of stakeholders but their true loyalty.
- Highly engaged and loyal employees. People who work at great organizations are more than satisfied: they are energized and passionate about what they do.
- Distinctive contribution. Great performers do more than business as usual: they fulfill a unique mission that sets them apart from the crowd.
To achieve significant results, effective learners must adopt a sustainable strategy based on a foundation of unshakable principles and proven practices, with access to the best content, tools, methods, and training available to all, in appropriate delivery modalities.
FranklinCovey's training content is based on universally accepted, timeless principles and focuses on behavioral change through three critical areas:
- Mindset: How do people need to see the situation to get better or change? What values and character attributes do they need to develop or enhance their skills?
- Skillset: What do they need to learn to do differently? What knowledge do they need to acquire or expand?
- Toolset: How do they immediately apply what they have learned?
Our expanding reach now extends to more than 150 countries, with over 2,000 associates working toward our common mission of enabling greatness in people and organizations everywhere.
Government Performance Solutions, Inc (GPS) is a Denver-based training and consulting firm with 5 years' experience driving change in Colorado State government. We exist to help public servants drive meaningful improvements in performance. GPS has worked successfully with each of Colorado's executive branch agencies and, together, we have executed more than 500 projects. This experience gives our trainers and consultants unparalleled perspective on the challenges facing Colorado State government today.
GPS' training is characterized by experiential learning, using simulations and small-group discussions to ensure that content is learned and retained. (No death by PowerPoint!) We are the authors of the State's SOLVE model for Lean problem solving as well as the Four Truths of Change Management model, both of which have proven successful for Colorado's agencies.
In addition to training, GPS provides coaching, key-initiative facilitation, and organizational consulting services.
With +5,000 experts across +70 countries, ICF solves complex problems in unique ways, which includes designing training solutions to meet the developmental needs of staff from all sectors of state government. Building on our extensive experience managing numerous county and state government training and technical assistance projects, we have the ability to interact and build relationships with diverse state leadership to create a deeper understanding of the work that they do, as well as an understanding of the specific needs of the employees within each state agency. We have staff with strong organizational management experience, including project management expertise that leads to well-organized and time managed deliverables that are in line with industry best practices in training and employee development.
Ignite Your Power Within
Jeni Rulon, founder of intheZing, works with passionate professionals, inspiring teams, and empowered individuals who want more! For most of her life, Jeni has been helping leaders turn obstacles into stepping stones for success. She is passionate about discovering possibilities and empowering people to create the life they want! She has a unique ability to inspire individuals and teams to stretch out of their comfort zone and really look within at WHO they are. She believes that starting there, shapes what people do and how they do it. By holding up mirrors to their perceptions, attitudes, behaviors and overall leadership capabilities, increased self-awareness occurs. People can then connect with their inner wisdom and natural talents, identify gaps, and create tools that allow transformation and growth to occur.
As a seasoned facilitator and expert in the growth and development arena, she conducts impactful workshops on a variety of topics that allow individuals and teams to move closer to success. She is a Certified Professional Coach and Energy Leadership Master Practitioner who is most passionate about cultivating soft skills. Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Energy Leadership, Coaching, Teambuilding, Culture and Connection are all subjects that align with Jeni's passions. She is truly in this field to manifest her vision…a world where people are accessing their inner knowing, living from their authentic core, feeling confident, creating powerful connections, realizing their dreams, and being joy. Using her positive energy and insight, clients and participants feel excited to grow and are given the tools to do so.
Jeni is available for 1-1 coaching, workshop facilitation, teambuilding, retreats, energy leadership assessments, and/or a combination of all the above. She is happy to customize a package that will allow you and/or your team the opportunity to Ignite Your Power Within.
Karen Dietz is a veteran in business storytelling and is one of the originals in the field. John Wiley publishers recruited Karen for their Dummies series. Her book Business Storytelling for Dummies was published, quickly praised, and became a bestseller. She opened up the San Diego, CA 2013 TEDx conference with her moving talk on the impact of story listening to change lives and companies.
With a BA in communication, she received her Master's and PhD from the University of Pennsylvania. In the business world for 20 years, she continued being trained in storytelling by top ranked performance tellers. Clients include: Disney, Princess Cruises, Citrix, Avery-Dennison, California Bank & Trust, and nonprofits.
LeaderQuest offers Microsoft Office as well as a variety of IT training programs both in person and online. Courses take 5-10 days and are taught by expert instructors with experience in the field. We focus on hands-on experience and accelerated skills-building.
Below, you'll find the courses we offer that are most popular with State employees. If you have advanced needs, we also offer training for CompTIA certifications like A+, Network+ and Security+, as well as cyber security certifications like Certified Network Defender (CND), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and more. Contact COE to learn more about the courses and programs available through LeaderQuest.
LeaderQuest offers COE courses in two formats.
- Instructor-Led Training: An industry-expert instructor leads the class and provides guidance through hands-on training, classroom exercises, and by answering any questions.
- LeaderQuest Live: Using our online learning platform, students can take our classes regardless of geographical location. They still benefit from a live instructor who's ready to answer questions and make sure the material is understood. Train from your desk at work, from home, or at a LeaderQuest campus.
LeaderQuest offers a number of classes through COE.
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office 365
Leadervation Learning is a premier provider of learning services for schools, businesses and government agencies. Established in 2010, we are based in Denver, Colorado but provide services nationally and internationally. We offer curriculum/course development, instructional design, and training in leadership, workforce development, personal development, and equity, inclusion and bias. We can design a customized course for you and train your staff to deliver it or we can deliver it for you. All of our course design and instructional processes utilize evidenced-based adult learning approaches with a high degree of participant interaction and engagement. Our trainers are experienced, well-educated presenters that represent the rich diversity of this state. For all your training and course development needs, Leadervation Learning is at your service!
With 300 centers in 70 countries, New Horizons is the world's largest independent IT training company. Our innovative, award-winning learning methods have revolutionized the way students learn, retain and apply new knowledge; and we offer the largest Guaranteed-to-Run course schedule in the world. Our real-time, cloud-based lab solution allows students to access their labs anytime and anywhere. And we offer an extensive selection of vendor-authorized training and certifications for Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, VMware, and Center for Leadership and Development, ensuring that students are able to train on the latest products and technologies. Over our 30-year history, New Horizons has trained over 30 million people worldwide.
Custom Government Training Solutions
Government agencies continue to face the challenge of doing more with tighter budgets, even as new legislative requirements and directives seek to improve financial, project, and security management. Now more than ever, it is critical to keep employee skills in line with today's advancing technology to ensure your department's goals are met.
Denver's courses and training will help improve employee productivity and efficiency, while saving money. Our representative's will work with you to create a customized learning solution that aligns with your agency's goals.
New Horizons has the expertise, facilities and resources to help government agencies:
- Increase employee efficiency and align it with their business objectives.
- Provide a measurable ROI for their training dollars. Develop learning plans that boost employee effectiveness.
- Upgrade employee skills while minimizing training travel expenses and office downtime.
- New Horizons training is the answer for individuals and businesses ready to upgrade themselves—no matter how far they are from their goals.
Joanne Burke Peterson provides business professionals with the knowledge and tools to help develop their leadership abilities and productivity competencies. As owner of New World Office, she has worked with companies to help them become more successful by creating and delivering engaging curriculum to make an effective learning experience for participants.
With 15 years of training experience, Joanne focuses on improving workplace effectiveness through behavioral recognition and change. Having worked with many different industries, such as manufacturing, publishing, finance, government, and non-profits, she understands each company has unique needs and challenges. She also recognizes the demands today's managers have of meeting many goals in a timely manner in a stressful environment. Her classes provide tools to help people improve their productivity and develop the leader within.
Joanne specializes in Leadership Development (for new and upcoming managers, for women), Developing a Productive Team, and Time Management (making meetings more effective, task and email management, dealing with distractions and procrastination).
T. Mullins and Associates is a Training and Organizational Development company that provides support services in Training and Development and Human Resources. Our objective is to support you in accomplishing your departmental, team and organization's mission, vision and goals. In doing so, we provide you with our expertise, knowledge and experience in the areas of leadership, teamwork, conflict management, change management, communications and managing inclusion.
- Comprehensive Needs Analysis
- Needs Assessments for Training
- Leadership 360 Assessments
- Coaching for Teams
- Coaching for Management
- Individual Coaching Sessions
- Training Evaluation Services
- Training Design Services
- Train the Trainer
Our focus is to design effective training by customizing our classes to meet the specific needs of your departments. This includes a needs assessment, training evaluation services, coaching, and training follow-up in addition to the training. We provide training classes in Leadership, Conflict Management, Change Management, Managing Inclusion, Teambuilding, and Communications.
Tawanna Mullins is the founder of T. Mullins & Associates Training and Organizational Development organization. With more than 15 years of experience in the field of training and organizational development, she has worked as a Director of Training and Development, Corporate Trainer, Consultant, and Corporate Coach for both the private sector and governmental entities. She understands the governmental sector well since she also worked for the State of Colorado as a Director of Training and Development.
Her clients include: Denver Water, The State of Colorado, The City of Denver, Century Link, Pinnacol Assurance, Columbia Health Care, Convergent Communications, Oakwood Homes, AT&T Broadband, and The Children's Hospital.
Her experience includes customized skill-based training in the areas of management and leadership, team-building, communications, conflict management, change management, and managing inclusion.
She has a M.S.S. in Communications from the University of Denver and is also an adjunct faculty member for the University of Denver and Regis University. She has served on the DU Advisory Board of Human Resources and Training and Development professionals. She was also a member of the Citizen Oversight Board for the Denver Police Department, Denver Sheriff Department and the Denver Fire Department.